Welcome to Visual Link IT!
When we use the term “Personal Information” in this policy, it means any information related to an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
2. Information from merchants
What information do we collect from merchants and why?
- We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card details.
- We need this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, and invoice you.
- We collect data about the Visual Link IT-hosted webpages that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- We need this information to give you access to and improve our Services.
- Upon completing the sign-up process for the Services, and depending on your location, we may create a Visual Link IT Payments account on your behalf. If you activate a Visual Link IT Payments account (applicable only to Canada, US, UK, and Australia merchants), we collect your business address, business type, business ID number, date of birth (if you are an individual business owner), bank account information and government-issued identification information, such as your ABN, GST status, DOB, Driver licence number if Australian, Social Security Number or your Social Insurance Number or, alternatively if you are American.
- We need this information to create a Visual Link IT Payments account for you, to provide you with Visual Link IT Payments services, including fraud and risk monitoring, and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- We collect Personal Information about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide while shopping or during checkout.
- We use this information to provide you with our Services and so that you can process orders and better serve your customers.
- We collect and store Content that you create, input, submit, post, upload, transmit, store or display in the process of using our SaaS Products or Websites. Such Content includes any Personal Information or other sensitive information that you choose to include ("incidentally-collected Personal Information").
- Other submissions: We collect other data that you submit to our Websites or as you participate in any interactive features of the Visual Link IT Services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us. For example, information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Visual Link IT product could be submitted to our Support Services or posted in our public forums.
- Information we collect from your use of Visual Link IT Services
- Analytics Information from Website and SaaS Products: We collect analytics information when you use our Websites and SaaS Products to help us improve our products and services. In the SaaS Products, this analytics information consists of the feature and function of the Visual Link IT Service being used, the associated license identifier (SEN) and domain name, the username and IP address of the individual who is using the feature or function (which will include Personal Information if the Personal Information was incorporated into the username), the sizes and original filenames of attachments, and additional information required to detail the operation of the function and which parts of the Visual Link IT Services are being affected.
- Analytics Information Derived from Content. Analytics information also consists of data we collect as a result of running queries against Content across our user base for the purposes of generating Usage Data. "Usage Data" is aggregated data about a group or category of services, features or users that does not contain Personal Information. For example, we may query Content to determine the most common types of workflows that users use (e.g. what percentage of all instances use ITIL style workflows?) by searching for the most common workflow names, or we may query Content to determine the most popular job titles for Confluence users in order to better understand the composition of our user base.
- Though we may happen upon sensitive or Personal Information as we compile Usage Data from Content across user instances, this is a by-product of our efforts to understand broader patterns and trends. It is not a concerted effort by us to examine the Content of any particular customer.
- Analytics Information from Downloadable Products: We collect analytics information when you use our Downloadable Products to help us improve our products and services. Our Downloadable Products contain a feature that sends information about the technical operation of the Downloadable Products on your systems ("System Information") to us. System Information includes information about (a) the server environment in which the Downloadable Product is operating: OS type and version, JVM version, Java environment properties, CPU type, RAM allocation, language and locale settings, database type and version, and disk utilization, as well as (b) user client information, for example: browser type and version, native client type and version, and client device specifications (e.g. screen resolution, OS version, device type, etc.). In addition, we collect analytics information from Downloadable Products that is a subset of the analytics information described above for Websites and SaaS Products. As with Websites and SaaS Products, the analytics information we collect includes elements of Content related to the function the user is performing, but with an important caveat. With the Downloadable Products, before sending the information to Visual Link IT’s servers, we filter the analytics information to remove elements that we believe may contain sensitive or Personal Information. For example: (1) we conduct a one-way hash of usernames and hostnames before collecting them and (2) we filter any Content elements we collect to discard all words except those on a list of common business and IT terminology. You can disable our collection of analytics information from Downloadable Products via the Administrator settings or by blocking collection at the local network level.
- Installer Analytics, Software Updates & License Information from Downloadable Products: During the installation of our Downloadable Products, the installer sends analytics information to Visual Link IT to allow us to understand where in the installation process users are experiencing trouble or dropping out. Our Downloadable Products also communicate with Visual Link IT servers for licensing purposes, as well as to check for updates, patches, and compatibility with Add-Ons. Examples of information we collect for these purposes include the name and version of the Downloadable Product and the server ID, SEN, and IP address of the customer instance.
- Information we collect from other sources
- We will also use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect Personal Information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
3. Information from our merchants’ customers
What information do we collect and why?
- We collect our merchants’ customers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address and device data.
- We need this information to provide merchants with our Services, including supporting and processing orders, authentication, and processing payments. We also use this information to improve our Services.
When do we collect this information?
- Information is collected when a merchant’s customer uses or accesses our Services, such as when a customer visits a merchant’s site, places an order or signs up for an account on a merchant’s site.
4. Information from Partners
Partners are individuals or businesses that have agreed to the terms of the Visual Link IT Partner Program to work with Visual Link IT to promote the Services by (a) referring clients to Visual Link IT; (b) developing Visual Link IT store themes for merchant use; or (c) developing apps using the Visual Link IT Application Interface (API) for merchant use.
What information do we collect from Partners and why?
- We collect your name, company name, website, twitter or other social media handles, phone number(s), address, business type, email address, PayPal Account, and GST/HST number.
- We use this information to work with you, confirm your identity, contact you, and pay you.
- We collect data about the Visual Link IT-hosted webpages that you visit and how and when you access your account, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address.
- We use this information to give you access to and improve our Services.
- We collect Personal Information about your customers that you share with us or that they provide to us directly.
- We use this information to work with you and to provide our Services to your customers.
- We will also use Personal Information in other cases where you have given us express permission.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you sign up for a Partner Account, when you sign up one of your customers for our Services, or when your customers sign up themselves. We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
5. Information from Visual Link IT website visitors and support users
What information do we collect and why?
- From Visual Link IT website visitors, we collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection and your IP address. We may also receive Personal Information when you purchase tickets or make other requests to Visual Link IT via any of our websites.
- From telephone support users, we collect your phone number and call audio.
- From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address and chat transcript.
- From forum users, we collect your name, email address and website URL.
We use this information to service your account, enhance our Services, and answer any questions you may have.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you visit Visual Link IT-hosted webpages or engage with us either by email, web form, instant message, phone, or post content on our websites (including forums & blogs). We also collect any additional information that you might provide to us.
6. Information from cookies and similar tracking technology
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- Opting out: You may be able to opt out of customized ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager, and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you use our website without opting out, this means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of providing you with remarketing ads.
- We may also use web beacons, tracking technology and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
7. When and why do we share Personal Information with third parties?
- Visual Link IT works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
- Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
- Visual Link IT is responsible for all onward transfers of Personal Information to third parties in accordance with the Australian Privacy, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework.
- Visual Link IT will always ask for your consent before sharing your Personal Information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 7.
8. What do we do with your Personal Information when you terminate your relationship with us?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
9. What we don’t do with your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- We do not use the Personal Information we collect from you or your customers to contact or market to your customers or directly compete with you. However, Visual Link IT may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
10. How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We perform annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. We are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and our platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
11. How do we protect your information across borders?
- Visual Link IT may transmit Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction of residence. Visual Link IT remains responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party abroad for processing or to support our efforts in providing our Services to you. Any Personal Information transferred to a third party for data processing is subject, by law, to a comparable level of protection as that provided by Visual Link IT. A “comparable level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to that provided by Visual Link IT.
- We aim to comply with the Australian and EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information from the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and we aim to comply with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information from Switzerland. We have certified that we aim to adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice; choice; accountability for onward transfer; security; data integrity and purpose limitation; access; and recourse, enforcement and liability.
12. Control and access to your Personal Information
You retain all rights to your Personal Information and can access it anytime. In addition, Visual Link IT takes reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information. You can update many types of Personal Information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your Personal Information within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your Personal Information, the Services may not function properly.
If you have any questions about your Personal Information or this policy, please contact:
Chief Privacy Officer